Spring 2013 Internships
Digital Media Intern
San Antonio Scorpions are looking for a Digital Media Intern to assist the Marketing and Media Relations departments. The Digital Media intern will report to the Digital Content Editor and assist with the day to day objectives of the Marketing and Media Relations departments.
Digital Media Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- -Assist in creating, editing and publishing content for sanantonioscorpions.com, starsoccersa.com and other websites
- -Assist in developing storylines and creating blog posts
- -Assist in coverage of San Antonio youth and adult league soccer
- -Participate in events, promotions, and other activities as required
- -Work with Marketing Director, Coordinator and Digital Content Editor on Social Media Marketing efforts, including strategy, communication and growth of -Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- -Excellent communication skills
- -Previous experience covering a beat for school paper, magazine, online publication, etc.
- -Interest in the digital communications industry and Content Management Systems
- -Ability to handle multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- -Strong computer skills to include Photoshop, Content Management Systems, Excel, Word and Social Networking sites
- -Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- -Must be an active college student
Sponsorship Services Intern
The purpose of the Sponsorship Services Intern is to assist in the generation and retention of corporate partnership revenue by providing the highest level of service and creativity in the development and fulfillment of the contractual elements of all signed corporate partnerships, while providing SA Scorpions fans an entertaining and professional game experience.
Sponsorship Services Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- -Assist corporate service coordinators with the fulfillment of corporate contracts
- -Organization of proposals and contracts
- -Research new clients, categories and industry best practices
- -Organization of all sponsor photos
- -Assist in the development of mid season and end of season reviews
- -Participate in promotional brainstorming sessions
- -Professional appearance, attitude and communication skills
- -Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Access preferred
- -Flexible schedule; ability to work long hours and some weekends
- -Research skills
- -Resourceful and proactive attitude
- -Ability to take direction
- -Customer service oriented
- -Willingness to learn and work in team settings
- -Some Manual labor will be required
- -Candidate must possess at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- -Must be pursuing a degree in Sports Management/Administration and/or Business Administration
- -Must be entering junior year or above and be completing this internship for college credit only
Sales and Marketing Intern
Interns with the sales and marketing team will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in one of the most vital aspects of a professional sports organization.
The Sales and Marketing Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- -Database and Client Information Management using a ticketing system
- -Organizing lead lists
- -Represent NASL San Antonio at Corporate and Youth Soccer Events.
- -Assist with grassroots marketing at community outreach events
- -Assist with game day operations
- -Create marketing collateral
- -Prepare sales presentations to maximize ticket sales revenue
- -Conduct research on potential leads
- -Candidate must possess at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- -Must be pursuing a degree in Sport Management/Administration and/or Business Administration.
- -Must be entering junior year or above.
- -They should have superb interpersonal and communication skills.
- -They should be a self-starter and have a competitive attitude.
- -They should have a passion for the game of soccer and want to pursue a career within professional sports.